Find Thatcher family before 1690 Charney Bassett

This is a forum to ask about people in Berkshire. Please note this is not for Family History subjects
Forum rules
We can offer general guidance on sources of information. However, we are unable to answer specific questions regarding genealogy or family history and suggest you contact one of the relevant local organisations by following the links from the main website.

The Berkshire Local History Association is not responsible for the content of external sites.
sallymoleseed

Find Thatcher family before 1690 Charney Bassett

Postby sallymoleseed » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Hi I have traced a great..++++.... grandfather back to Charney Bassett 1690 named John Thatcher, I cannot however find a wife; but I have my paternal family history from him all the way back to my father Ken Thatcher. John DOB 1690 had a son John 1728 and he married an Ann 1754. Was hoping I could go back further than 1690 but cannot trace Father etc of John 1690.
This Thatcher family produced an Abbott (St Augustine 's Abbey - Ramsgate) He was my great Uncle, spoke 6 languages and worked at the Vatican. His grandfather was an early Police Superintendent at (of all places) Finchley, around 1860? Would love to know if they were Thatchers and if there is any evidence in the records of the family. Help and Advice to trace back would be great as I live in the Lincolnshire wolds. (Family seemed to live in Berkshire Fyfield up to1820 ish Thanks

Return to “People in Berkshire”