Clock making Prince Families in Grove & Wantage

This is a forum to ask about people in Berkshire. Please note this is not for Family History subjects
Forum rules
We can offer general guidance on sources of information. However, we are unable to answer specific questions regarding genealogy or family history and suggest you contact one of the relevant local organisations by following the links from the main website.

The Berkshire Local History Association is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Contributor

Clock making Prince Families in Grove & Wantage

Postby Contributor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:54 am

I am trying to find out more about The Clockmaking Prince Family from Grove and Wantage. Various members of the Prince clock making family are recorded in the Oxford~Newbury area in the 18th & 19th centuries. Emma Prince was my Grandfather's Grandmother and lived in Witney, Oxon. Isaac senior also worked as a clockmaker in Chieveley, I have managed to find 2 examples of clocks but would love to see more or find out more about their work. Isaac Prince 1805–1883, John Prince 1838–, Isaac Prince 1850–, Albert Prince 1853– Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “People in Berkshire”