Guards Club, Maidenhead

This forum is for posting information or asking questions regarding Local History in Berkshire
Forum rules
We can offer general guidance on sources of information. However, we are unable to answer specific questions regarding genealogy or family history and suggest you contact one of the relevant local organisations by following the links from the main website.

The Berkshire Local History Association is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Contributor

Guards Club, Maidenhead

Postby Contributor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:53 am

I am interested to obtain information about the Guards Club which used to be in Maidenhead. Could you possibly direct me to references about the Club and advise if it is possible get hold of any images? I am interested in particular in the 1870's when one of my ancestors was a boatman at the Club. At the same time my ancestor won a number of sculling races on the Thames - I suppose around Maidenhead but he may have rowed in other places. Do you know which local newspaper is best to search as I have tried to trace information through rowing records without success. Thank you very much for your help.

Return to “General Queries on Local History”