Home Guard

This forum is for posting information or asking questions regarding Local History in Berkshire
Forum rules
We can offer general guidance on sources of information. However, we are unable to answer specific questions regarding genealogy or family history and suggest you contact one of the relevant local organisations by following the links from the main website.

The Berkshire Local History Association is not responsible for the content of external sites.
Contributor

Home Guard

Postby Contributor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 am

One of my neighbours was in the Home Guard and used to guard a barn (Lockinge Barn near Ardington - just East of Wantage) during the war. There were more armed guards inside the barn, and occasionally large trucks would reverse right up to the building and load or unload. To this day he doesn't know what was going on and what he was guarding - do you have any idea how I might be able to find out for him?

Contributor

Home Guard

Postby Contributor » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Hi my name is Nick I have a friend who’s dad was in the same home guard they were the king family his dad worked on the estate his brother was in the home guard as well he might have some info because he’s looking for photo’s because all his father’s stuff got lost when he died also some of the kings used to run the post office as well if you would like to meet up it can be arranged I would like to meet him and you as I am a collector and would like to here his stories

Return to “General Queries on Local History”